Saturday, July 7, 2012

100% is too much

When you look on the news and the report is 66% humidity or 45% of votes you already conditioned your brain to scale the numbers on a 100% scale. What you never really see is 100% being reported on any subject. Why is that?

100% can mean perfection or disaster. It can mean full satisfaction or total disappointment. I used to listen to a lot of rap when I was a teen and now I don't understand 100% anymore. A lot rap now mentions full commitment, full determination and full attitude.

The term I hear from rap and it followers is "keep it 100."

You ever meet anyone who kept it real? Someone who like to tell what they think all the time? They are keeping it 100 while, in the midst of their personal success, become a jerk in the process. I realize now that going 100% can lead to a life of disasters. Even with God. People always think they are giving 100% to the God they serve but what they don't realize is the humanity in all of us that will never make them full Christians, Muslims, Jews or all of the rest.

How much are we allowed to love?

I love my wife more than what people would like to know and care about. Because I am a romantic, I have always felt this way because she gave me the chance to give her affection while others erected emotional barriers. Until a couple of days ago, I have given her 100% of my energy, love and devotion.

I stopped giving her that percentage for great reasons.

I have a son on the way. Who can be a 100% husband when you have a child who needs care and affection? I can't put that much energy into my wife anymore. Now there a 50/50 I have to split into. But I have a job too. So, I have to concentrate on that, right?? I got to put at least 45% at work and if you put more than 45% you need a new job or slow your role. You will never get that promotion because if you work 100 they will keep you there for fear that the numbers will fall.

I have to be a son and make sure my parents are alright. Sometimes I wish it was 5% of myself devoted to them but you know that they always want more. There is one person that I never gave 100% to in a long time and this person deserves a big increase.

I never put 100% in myself.

For years I have always put my time and energy in those around me and never got to give myself any time or attention. My son is on the way and I would have for his role model to have self doubt or personal growth. He needs to know about taking time to smell the roses and to follow his dreams instead of keeping someone's lost dream alive.

Everyone needs a balance. If you're stressed out or going through things you are not balanced. I'm also not inferring that it is your fault but the truth is something is off in your life. Whatever it takes to maintain stability make that be the only thing that you give 100%.

Because everything else is too much

No comments: