Friday, March 16, 2012

March Madness pt. 1


February for me was one of the strangest month in my adult life. I was unemployed at the begging and my unemployment was not getting the bills paid. Although we were almost rubbing pennies together, we did purchase the latest Twilight move. The movie made the pre-Valentine’s weekend memorable for years to come.
Later on, I received a call for a position for a photography job. I was super-excited when I accepted the job offer. Although the job did not pay much, I figured I could learn some tricks and later on do freelance.
A week goes by and not only did I work weird hours, my promised compensation wasn’t so….promising.
Meanwhile, my father was pulling strings in construction and landed me an interview with a well-known electric company. It was a big deal because I can make about  $40,000 annually in a five-year span. After a thorough interview I got the job and I am now a “pre-apprentice Electric Contractor”
When I started a new job I took the responsibility of getting my own phone plan, a obstacle I’ve been struggling with since adulthood. Also, I wanted a career that would give my family an opportunity to be in a safe environment, no matter where the economy stands.
The madness starts…
This new job comes opportunity but delivers hatred and racism. I am bi-racial for those who do not know and I have heard a lot in my life. To work with people, who holds the responsibility in training people but resist change, is annoying beyond belief. But, I grin and bear those things because my future is in my hands and I cannot make any more mistakes.
To relax, I invited my mother and mother-in-law to my place to celebrate their birthdays. As we enjoy drinks and shared great memories, the night was perfect.
The next morning, I received a hug and a kiss from my beautiful wife. “I love you”, she says. “But there is something I have to tell you.”
To be continued……

No comments: