Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Madness pt.2

Previously on March Madness…..

My wife greeted me when I came home from the store. I received a hug and at this point it felt like a hug that I was going to hear about a passing of a family member. For a split second, I had a “this-is-going-to-change-my-life” moment. She tells me she loves me and I look at her and return the feeling.

“I’m pregnant”, she says.

OK. Time to back up.

One week ago….

I’m laying in bed getting ready to pass out from my photography madness of a job. “I think I’m late.” My response, “What else is new?”

I know that sounds weird but my wife and I have had many, many slips with contraceptives and we miss the target with a flawless victory. Even before we were married, when a lot of people would judge about this sort of thing, we had the same issues so there was nothing to worry about. By the way, do I get a pass from the judgy people who frown on cohabitation now that I’m married?

Back to the story..

Just to ease our minds I say, “Well, go get a test just to get it out of the way. We always doge this bullet anyway.” My wife pauses for a minute. “What if this is for real this time?”

I wouldn’t call that foreshadowing, but if I was a betting man…..

Back to real time…..

To receive this information in my brain that my wife is pregnant felt like throwing a rock down a well and waiting to hear the thud… that you never hear. On top of all this I have the look on my face as if someone stole my car.

“Preganant?” It finally come out. She walks me to the bathroom and shows me these two lines that changed my life forever.

I mean… wow. I don’t believe it.

No. Really. I didn’t believe it. It was the Equate brand from Walmart and I really did not believe it. I wanted her to get the most advanced piece of technology…. She will ever pee on. Hey, it was from the commercial, not me.

We went to get it. And she followed the most accurate method to test. It featured a second digital test to confirm the non-believers of the results. 15 to 20 minutes later she come out of the bathroom with the digital stick.

The stick reads: YES+

Oh crap. We’re having a baby.

To be continued…..

3 comments:

Angie said...

yaaaaaayyyyy!!!

Dorrie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and your wife.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the roller coaster of life. Try to sit back and enjoy the ride -- when one or the other you is not throwing up. :)