Sunday, April 1, 2012

To my unborn child....

Dear Unborn Child,

I just wanted to let you know that I love you unconditionally and that will never change. Your mother loves you just as much, maybe more, and she is doing so much for you. You have become my number one concern in life, which I am grateful to you because in a short period of time you have made me mature to become a better man.

Mom is in a great deal of pain and she barely eats. We used to enjoy a complete breakfast, like in the cereal commercial, but now she can barely digest a part of a turkey bacon sandwich. What’s going on in there? I know you’re only eight weeks so far, but you’re my child. I should be taking her to Texas Roadhouse because she is feeding you. It would be nice if you can continue my eating legacy.

You are starting to hurt mommy’s back so I had to but this special pillow that looks like a gigantic version of you. It has a big pillow at the top, like a head and had a spine that contours down her back. It pillow ends with a coiled tail that mommy can put between her knees. Books and other sources are telling her that the pain is getting worse. It’s not your fault because you’re growing. Just in the future, try your best to not hurt mommy as much as you can, okay?

Your Grand dad, which it my dad, is hoping that you are a boy. He’s funny isn’t he? Daddy expects that you will continue the tradition a be a girl, just to rattle his cage. Yes, you will.

Everyone cannot wait to see just as much as they want to see us as parents. I would hope to be a kind, sympathetic Huxtable type of dad that would always be there for you in good times while putting you on the right path during the bad. We are always born for a reason and I believe you will be put on this Earth to inspire and motivate people to chase their dreams. I think you will be what this world needs for us to become peaceful with each other instead of destroying our fellow man.

I have high hopes of my own but I expect you to have yours. I believe that you will follow the path that is right for you. Until then, it is my destiny to make sure you get here and protect you until you can make those decisions. I love you unborn child and I will talk to you soon.

Love,

Your old man

No comments: